Thursday, May 30, 2013

Most Inspirational Player

Tonight I went to the Cal Poly Club Awards Banquet and my team had voted me the women's Most Inspirational Player award.

In High school I have received this award twice in track and my senior year in cross country. I am so happy and grateful to recieve it again, at the collegiate level.

For me, MIP is better than MVP. Sure, it's awesome to be the best, but to be the one working the hardest and as the role model in the eyes of my teammates, is the best I could ask for.

Over the year, I have poured in a lot of effort. I trained incredibly hard over the summer, only to start Fall Quarter in the stands with a torn ligament.  However, I wasn't just in the stands. I was on the bike (inside and out), the elliptical, the stairmaster, and in the pool for numerous hours every day pouring sweat.  I came back strong at regionals and went on to compete at XC nationals.  I diligently ran over winter break and it showed during the track season.  With long runs and tempos, I even completed my first marathon, a 3:30!

I am honored to have been recognized for all my hard work. But I am even more honored to be labeled Most Inspiring.

My number one goal in life is to inspire.

As an educator, I hope to instill an insatiable curiousity and quest for knowledge, purpose, and bettering the world in the future generations (science or not).  As a teammate, I hope to push others so that they can achieve their personal bests.  As a student, I hope to greet challenges with excitement and joy that will brighten my professor's days and outlooks.  As a friend, I hope to inspire my loved ones to love others, have fun, and be carefree.  As an athlete, I hope to encourage others and lead by example for those starting to run or during their running careers.

I hope to inspire greatness and the constant pursuit of self-improvement and knowledge.

Thank you to my teammates, my coaches, my family, my friends, Skora Running, and my cyber supporters! Without you guys, I wouldn't be in the position I am now! You all inspire ME!
Mollee (MVP) & I at the banquet! (photo: Mollee Huisinga)

1 comment:

  1. Guest appearance on Kelsie's blog!! woohoo!

    And congrats on MIP, I couldn't think of anyone more deserving. (which is why I voted for you. :) )

    -M.

    ReplyDelete