Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Before the shenanigans... Heading into TNFECS 50miler.

Wowie. Is it already December?!
This quarter flew by. It seemed that just the other day I was admiring the chamois on Brevent and sipping espressos in Italy... Then again, the days have been dragging on at school while I've been away in dreamland...
Though who could complain with these trails?!
I can't believe I'm already at raceweek for my "first" 50 miler. I haven't really given it that much thought other than occasional panic attacks and general dreading of how slow it could potentially be. This quarter, post CCC, has gotten off to a rocky and less ideal start with Mono and Lyme disease, but I believe I have an iron horse of an immune system and beat them both into submission. This garnered me at least one solid month or so of consistent training. I trust in it 100%. however this is also not a goal race. Bandera 100k is what I am thinking about on my long runs and before bed when I'm doing core staring up at the ceiling... I want that ticket to WS100!! Let's hope I can curb back my competitive spirit!



I am super excited to see what happens in the next month, at TNF50 and Bandera. Each week, I've been building my miles, putting in some vert, while also dropping my times in my workouts. My workouts have been fabulous. Its the one day of the week I truly look forward to. I am so excited to be running faster, negative splitting, feeling confident-free-strong-relaxed while consistently surprising myself. (I think the best part is that now I also don't need to take a two hour nap after!)
See you at mile 30. Muir Woods via Dipsea Trail
The only downside to the past couple weeks is that I've been running, for the most part, solo. Most ultra runners swear by running solo and they "truly" enjoy it. Yeah, that's good and all sometimes, but I love talking, playing, sharing my adventures! I can be a pansy sometimes and need someone with me to help keep me sane and away from doubtful thoughts, too. Because of my training, work and school schedule, running with friends is typically the only real "social" outlet I have. However, my training partners have been tapering/recovering from awesome performances, so that is inspiring me to work hard just to keep up!
I love my friends. PC Tera Dube
So, it's the end of the quarter, TNF50 is here, and I am in a completely unproductive, uncontrollable, state of high energy craziness. Cheers to a fabulous weekend of mud, miles, friends & lots of shenanigans!

PS On another note, I am in the IrunFar women's preview!!!! Though my name is just a footnote, watch out, maybe soon it will be under the headline! ;)
Pre TNF10k 2010. My 1st trail race

No comments:

Post a Comment